The STAS multirail
Sometimes you just have a beautiful picture or painting that you want to give extra attention in your interior. You can do that by hanging it in a beautiful or striking frame, or by placing the photo or the painting in a very prominent place in your interior. Another possibility is the use of light. With the STAS multirail you can put your photo or painting literally in the spotlights! The STAS multirail is a painting rail with integrated 12v voltage wires (low voltage). Thanks to these integrated voltage wires, a lighting fixture can be clicked on every spot in the rail to illuminate your wall decoration in a stylish way. Choosing a STAS multirail system is done in 4 steps but starts with the basis: the STAS multirail. The STAS multirail is a classic model with a patented 12V lighting rail. The STAS multirail is available in the colours white or silver and in a length of 200 centimeters.
STEP 1: Choose a fixture
STAS fixtures can be easily clicked into your STAS multirail. Some tips when choosing a fixture for your STAS multirail system:
1. The bigger the distance between light source and wall, the bigger the artwork that can be illuminated. In other words: choose a large fixture for lighting a large work of art.
2. Is your wall 270 cm high or higher? We would recommend installing a fixture of 70 cm
STAS offers 3 different fixtures:
- The STAS multirail armature classic is the classic model and is available in the colours white and chrome and in lengths of 50 and 70 cm.
- The STAS multirail armature signo chrome is a smaller and curved fixture. The STAS multirail armature signo chrome comes in the colour chrome and in a length of 70 cm.
- The STAS multirail armature sirius chrome is a smaller fixture. The STAS multirail armature sirius chrome comes in the colour chrome and is 50 cm long.
STEP 2: Choose a spotlight
STAS offers 3 different led lights. Led lighting is energy efficient, has a long lifespan and doesn’t emit infrared radiation.
- The STAS led spot 3,5W/27° emits a narrow beam of light, suitable for small paintings.
- The STAS led spot 3,5W/95° emits a wide beam of light, suitable for large artworks.
- The STAS powerled 4W has a closed housing which avoids light spill at the back.
STEP 3: Choose an adapter
The choice of an adapter depends on 3 things:
1. The type of spotlight you’d like to use (led or halogen). STAS only offers led spotlights.
2. The number of spotlights you’d like to install
3. The number of meters of rail you’d like to install
STAS offers 2 different adapters:
Caution! In case you would like to use more than the above mentioned number of meters or spots, you will have to use multiple adapters. Adapters must never be connected, neither directly nor indirectly. In short: never connect two rail segments that are each connected to a different adapter! Exclusively connect rail segments that share one adapter.
STEP 4: Choose hooks and cords
The final step (and the most fun step ) is hanging your wall decoration. To hang your wall decoration you need hooks and cords! Consider two factors when choosing your hooks and cords:
1. the weight of the object you wish to hang
2. the look that appeals most to you
Choose one of the four possible combinations of hooks and cords:
Have fun picking together your personal STAS multirail system! What kind of wall decoration would you choose to illuminate? Let us know in the comments!